Sunday 27 July 2014

Modern Medieval Earrings

So, yesterday I showed you some colourful things!

These are my new design, a range I am calling Modern Medieval.

Here is a WIP shot of the pieces made in fine silver clay waiting to be fired in the kiln at 820C.

  

As they fire for an hour or so the binders which were added the the powdered silver burn away, the pieces shrink a little and I am left with pure fine silver. 

Here they are fresh out of the kiln (cooled first of course!) :)
At this point the silver looks white and the next stage is to polish them up to nice and shiney, and then enamel them.

Until finally we have lovely earrings!!
One pair just had to be rainbow!! 
 
 

The lovely red and black of these have a real Gothic feel.


And this pair have 24k gold dots around the edges, and wonderful green and blue enamel. I called these Pretty as a Peacock!


These earrings are now up for sale on my website and also in my Etsy shop.

I am really happy with this new style and Im working on matching pendants and also lockets.

I'd love to know what you think of them!

Thanks for reading...
and have fun!

Joy x



2 comments:

  1. The photos worked ok this time and I could see them in the larger version :D
    Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! :D
    And thank you for letting me know the problem, I'll keep an eye out for that as I post things in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails